BRUSSELS - Voicing concern about tax evasion that is estimated at one trillion euros, European Commission President Jose-Manuel Barroso said Tuesday that EU leaders will meet at a one-day summit on Wednesday to negotiate solution. The European Union can't afford to let tax evasion go on the way it is. Such large amounts of money, currently sitting in tax havens, would be greatly beneficial ...
FRANKFURT - Germany's central bank Deutsche Bundesbank expects the country's economy to improve "markedly" in the second quarter relying on signals of pick up in industrial orders and likelihood of weather related downturn in construction sector no longer impacting investment sentiments a development that could boost the wider eurozone as it struggles to get out of recession. "Overall ...
NEW YORK - Pharma major Pfizer has discontinued the development of cancer candidate inotuzumab ozogamicin, which is part of a class of therapies called antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), in the haematological cancer non-Hodgkin lymphoma after it failed to show benefit in overall survival during phase III trials. Pfizer has notified the study investigators and appropriate regulatory authorities ...
WASHINGTON - GrubHub Inc. and Seamless North America LLC, two of the biggest online services for food-delivery in the U.S., have entered into a definitive agreement to combine their companies to take on rivals in the growing market for online meal orders. The merger will create a combined company well positioned to drive more orders to restaurants, deliver a better experience for hungry ...
LONDON - The UK housing market seems to be picking up with gross mortgage lending up 4.3 per cent in April over previous month to 12.1 billion pounds, the highest in over four years, according to the Council of Mortgage Lenders (CML). The mortgage lending was 21% higher than April 2012, but this data is skewed by the end of the stamp duty concession on 24 March, 2012. Under the stamp duty ...
The Invasion is the fourth cinematic incarnation of Jack Finney's 1954 novella The Body Snatchers, and its tortured production history (bad test screenings, sitting on the shelf for a year, secret reshoots by The Wachowski Brothers to punch up the action) is unfortunately muc ... ...
Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
Microsoft has unveiled its latest video gaming console 'Xbox One' which is believed to transform games, TV and entertainment for the 21st century living room. The latest console reportedly promises a vision of the future. According to a report by the Mirror, 'Xbox One' will allow users to turn on the device with words like "Xbox On", and "snap" will allow users to watch two things at ...
Microsoft unveiled a new Xbox console Tuesday that represents a major upgrade on the US-market-leading Xbox 360 model. The president of the IT giant's Interactive Entertainment Business, Don Mattrick, revealed the hi-tech Xbox One entertainment and gaming console during an event at Microsoft's Redmond, Washington, campus. The Xbox One was presented as an all-in-one system for gaming, watching ...
REDMOND, WASHINGTON Microsoft Corp gave the world the first look at its new game console on Tuesday, hoping the Xbox One will attract existing video game fans while also becoming a hub for living room entertainment. The third-generation Microsoft console, coming eight years after the Xbox 360, was unveiled by games unit chief Don Mattrick at an event at the software company's campus ...
A study released Tuesday by the job-search engine Monster.com listed San Diego as the fourth best place in the country for engineers, based on the frequency of job ads from February to ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Canada
A grand traditional hotel, in the heart of downtown Vancouver. The hotel is one of three Fairmonts in this Canadian-gateway ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Nepal NationalNepal National: Nepal News Agency | Latest News
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Nepal National is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Nepal news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Nepal news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Nepal news, the weather forecast for Nepal you'll find it all in the Nepal National.
From Birātnagar to Kathmandu, the Nepal National should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
In a bid to prove to the world that "disability was not inability", Sudharshan Gautam, a Nepali-Canadian citizen, became the first amputee to climb Mount Everest without the help of prosthetic limbs, officials said Monday.
"We received information that Gautam, who has no hands, climbed Mount Everest," Dipendra Paudel, an official at Nepal's mountain department under the ministry of tourism and civil aviation, told Xinhua.
Gautam, whose age was not known, climbed the world's highest peak to spread the message that "disability is not inability".
Gautam lost his hands at the age of 16.
"The 'No Hands at the Top of the World' climb is intended to show the world that even people living with significant physical disabilities have outstanding abilities and immense capacities," Gautam wrote on his blog.
The 8,848-metre-high mountain saw its first spring summit this year May 10. In this season, many climbers have set new records.
"Though he lacks hands, his courage and zeal led him to get the success in his life," said Gyanendra Shrestha, a government official at the base camp.
Along with Gautam, 94 climbers - 43 foreigners and 51 Nepali citizens - climbed the peak Monday.
Till Monday, 348 people have scaled the peak this season, officials said. ...
- Ireland has no strategy to tackle Pakistan spinner Saeed Ajmal
- Kolkata hosts meet to enhance bilateral trade ties with Bangladesh
- Whatmore backs Misbahs batting skills
- YouTube ban in Pakistan not lifted
- U.S. Myanmar sign trade agreement
- Jessica Lall murder case Shayan Munshi another witness to face perjury trial
- James Bonds lost watch resurfaces at flea market
- Lily Cole to recieve honorary doctorate
- Rihanna Cara Delevingne cuddle up
- Angelina Jolie makes Jennifer Aniston cry
- Indo-China bilateral meet on healthcare sector held at Geneva
- What Pharmacist Conscientious Objectors Might Learn From Boston Bombing Suspects Nurses
- Yankee Trace area to see new senior housing development
- UC Health plans 2nd tower at West Chester Hospital
- Cincinnatis Mercy Health appoints new CEO
- ESPN layoffs 7000 workers as TV rights fees rise
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Paulina Rubio to be judge on `X Factor
- Sharon Osbourne Re-Joins U.K. X Factor as Judge
- Ang Lee pulls out of television project Tyrant citing fatigue from four years working on Life of Pi
- January Jones keeps mum about paternity of son
- Iodine deficiency during pregnancy may lead to lower IQ among kids
- Leader of a baby-killing cult commits suicide
- ‘Shame on you… you’re going round in circles baby’ – Pullicino tells Mizzi
- Should baby-products firm play it safe or climb out of the retail playpen
- Vitamin C kills drug-resistant TB bacteria
- Grant Will Allow University Of Alberta Researcher To Study Deep Ocean Exchanges In The Labrador Sea
- Researchers Predict Coral Distribution Around Hawaii
- NASA Looks To 3D-Printed Pizza And Other Foods For Long Distance Space Travel
- Russian Space Ark Returns Animal Astronauts to Earth Some Mice Gerbils Die
- The never-ending rape of the Camerons
- Rebooting our racial quotas
- Real leaders leave gracefully
- Schools should promote diversity
- Reconnecting with the homeland
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Nepal National headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Steven Craig is new UNHCR representative for Nepal
- 2 Chinese died climbing summits in Nepal
- Indian woman becomes first female amputee to climb Mount Everest
- Octogenarians race to be oldest Everest climber
- Nepal living goddess a local oddity