But one pre-school has decided children's imaginations are getting too wild and has moved to ban superhero games.A school flyer has emerged online warning of the dangers of superhero antics.''The imaginations of our preschool children are becoming dangerously overactive causing injuries within our pre-k community,'' the flyer ...
Michael Douglas, right, plays Liberace and Matt Damon is Scott Thorson in "Behind the Candelabra," which tells the strange story of Thorson's life before and after his relationship with Liberace. (CLAUDETTE BARIUS | ...
BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - Argentinos Juniors, staring into the jaws of relegation, have had a set of false teeth thrown at their coach by an angry fan while the club's president has quit his seat at the Argentine ...
The Rob Ford spectacle is incredible and outrageous and his friends need to demand that he do the right thing
Canadians trust their politicians to do the right thing, even if they do the wrong thing. They trust them to have honour, and to respect the honour of their office.The time for Toronto Mayor Rob Ford to address allegations that he was captured on videotape smoking crack in the presence of a drug dealer was last Friday, when the allegations emerged, or Tuesday at the latest. The moment passed him ...
Las Damas de Blanco .Ten long years ago they came together after the government crackdown on dissidents and independent journalists known as Black Spring, when 74 men and one woman were thrown in prison and handed long sentences. The men were their husbands, fathers, sons and brothers. The Ladies in White became their voices on the outside.To this day, despite beatings and detentions, in ...
Vanishing Point [Blu-Ray]
Although it is probably now best known as the film that inspired Quentin Tarantinos Death Proof (2007)--or at least was the film most frequently named-checked--Vanishing Point should be seen as a particularly charged variant of a ... ...
Special Agents Christopher W. Lorek and Stephen P. Shaw, who died May 17 during maritime counterterrorism exercise, were remembered by Director Mueller and others at a memorial service in Quantico, ...
It shows a man cradling a young girl, who is looking over her shoulder at a woman behind them. The woman is holding hands with another young girl, who is crying. The man’s face is smeared with blood, and the woman appears to be seriously wounded, with one eye swollen shut.Some television networks showed the photograph and used it to accompany stories of families reunited, of parents ...
Remarks prepared for delivery. Days like this are among the most difficult we face. We struggle to find meaning in such a tragic accident. We struggle to find the words to measure the men we have lost, and what that loss means to their families, to our FBI Family, and to each of us personally. It has been said that valor is a gift. Those who have it never know for sure until the test comes. ...
A Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) combination handout photo shows Jason Leon (L), who caught an 18-foot, 8-inch Burmese python in southeast Miami-Dade County May 11, ...
Computerworld - In the 10 years since I launched my consulting/training venture, I've worked with thousands of software developers around the world. As you might expect, I've seen many ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
New York Marriott Financial Center Hotel
I arrived by taxi to the hotel which is just a block from the former World Trade Center site. The ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Nepal NationalNepal National: Nepal News Agency | Latest News
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Nepal National is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Nepal news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Nepal news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Nepal news, the weather forecast for Nepal you'll find it all in the Nepal National.
From Birātnagar to Kathmandu, the Nepal National should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
In a bid to prove to the world that "disability was not inability", Sudharshan Gautam, a Nepali-Canadian citizen, became the first amputee to climb Mount Everest without the help of prosthetic limbs, officials said Monday.
"We received information that Gautam, who has no hands, climbed Mount Everest," Dipendra Paudel, an official at Nepal's mountain department under the ministry of tourism and civil aviation, told Xinhua.
Gautam, whose age was not known, climbed the world's highest peak to spread the message that "disability is not inability".
Gautam lost his hands at the age of 16.
"The 'No Hands at the Top of the World' climb is intended to show the world that even people living with significant physical disabilities have outstanding abilities and immense capacities," Gautam wrote on his blog.
The 8,848-metre-high mountain saw its first spring summit this year May 10. In this season, many climbers have set new records.
"Though he lacks hands, his courage and zeal led him to get the success in his life," said Gyanendra Shrestha, a government official at the base camp.
Along with Gautam, 94 climbers - 43 foreigners and 51 Nepali citizens - climbed the peak Monday.
Till Monday, 348 people have scaled the peak this season, officials said. ...
- Afghanistan Seeks Military Aid from India
- Coke Ad Hawks Pop Peace to India Pakistan
- Kerry Mideast Talks on Syria to Include Russian Call for Involving Iran
- Group to Take Nigeria Government to International Court
- New iPhone App Speeds Care of Heart Attack Victims
- Kerry Washington uses fashion as creative outlet
- Will Smith not a swimmer
- Delevingne turns down DiCaprios advances
- I havent known life to be happier says Brad Pitt
- Veena Malik Promotes Zindagi 50-50 by distributing condoms in red light area in Mumbai
- Lindsay Lohan struggles in rehab
- Indo- Swiss bilateral meet held at Geneva
- For Oklahoma doctors and first responders an emotional 24 hours
- UPDATE 1-Healthcare workers strike at five California public hospitals
- Victim of Miami face-chewing attack last year making progress doctors say
- Paris Hiltons beau shoves harassing female fan at Cannes
- IPL Spot-fixing TV star Vindu Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Maarty Broekman wants to work with Alesha Dixon
- Too much time indoors may damage kids eyes
- PTC Slams Ke$ha Drinking Urine on MTV
- Bed sharing with parents raises risk of a baby dying from SIDS fivefold
- Jay-Z dispels baby rumours
- Smoking during pregnancy up obesity and diabetes risk in baby girls
- Rochelle Humes delivers girl
- Hero nurse helps save newborn baby and mother in Moore
- The never-ending rape of the Camerons
- Rebooting our racial quotas
- Real leaders leave gracefully
- Schools should promote diversity
- Reconnecting with the homeland
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Nepal National headlines delivered to your inbox.
- China-trained medical doctors doing fine in Nepal
- Female Saudi Everest climber happy to change views
- Nepal slams climbers illegal call from Mount Everest- Montana hiker dies in Yosemite rock climbing accident
- Bangladeshi South Korean climbers die on Everest
- Actress Nisha Adhikari completes Everest ascent