Singer Dannii Minogue says the pressure of fame when she started her singing career in the 1980s, was awful. But she admits she has learnt to tackle it over the years. The 41-year-old, a former judge of reality show "The X Factor", admits that the fear is all in one's head. "I think it's because if you build something up in your head you get a fear of it. It was just like having a fear of ...
Pop star Jennifer Lopez will reportedly perform on the semi-final episode of music reality show "Britain's Got Talent", and sing her latest track "Live it up". Pop star Demi Lovato might also sing her new single "Heart attack", reports thesun.co.uk. Other performers include singer-songwriter Ellie Goulding, who will sing her recent releases "Explosions" and "Anything can happen". Olly Murs ...
A Brooklyn gospel singer has sued McDonald's alleging her voice has been ruined after she swallowed a piece of glass that was in her chicken sandwich. Jacqueline Simpson told the New York Post that the glass left her with a "hoarse, rattly voice" and unable to sing soprano like she used to, Radar online reported. Simpson, who filed the lawsuit in Brooklyn Supreme Court, revealed she ate the ...
Will Smith has revealed that rapper Kanye West has "been pushing" him to return to the music scene. The 44-year-old actor told HipHollywood.com that he has been messing around with West and both of them have been to studio a couple of times, the New York Daily News reported. Smith, who was a successful rapper before he made his way to superstardom as an actor, added that he is not going to ...
A foundation set up by late singer Amy Winehouse's father Mitch reportedly raised nearly 1.9 million pounds (over $2,000,000) in a year. The foundation helps homeless people, drug addicts and promotes young musicians. "We are honoured we can help so many young people in Amy's name. Good everyone was involved," thesun.co.uk quoted Mitch as saying. The foundation collected more than 700,000 ...
There are few things more inexplicable than the death of a child. Death itself is a difficult enough concept--the severity and finality of it--but when death comes to someone who has only begun to experience life, it is particularly devastating, the kind of blow that can shake the ... ...
Microsoft has unveiled its latest video gaming console 'Xbox One' which is believed to transform games, TV and entertainment for the 21st century living room. The latest console reportedly promises a vision of the future. According to a report by the Mirror, 'Xbox One' will allow users to turn on the device with words like "Xbox On", and "snap" will allow users to watch two things at ...
An Indian film festival, where hugely popular Bollywood movies like "Lage Raho Munnabhai" will be screened, is to be held here to commemorate the 40th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between India and South Korea. The festival will be held at CGV Yeouido, IFC Mall, May 24-28. It has been organised by the Indian embassy with the support of CGV, the Indian tourism ministry ...
Jimmy Shergill has said that Hindi and Punjabi films have a huge audience from Pakistan - especially in Canada. It's been a super busy year for the Bollywood actor. With over 50 Hindi and Punjabi films under his belt, Shergill has proven himself as the versatile actor he always dreamt of being, even if it took him 17 years. While he loves to do Punjabi films, Shergill says that his bread ...
Singer Tulisa Contostavlos and her beau Danny Simpson are reportedly facing a rough patch in their relationship. The couple has been dating each other from November last year, and they have been public about it. However, all's not well in their paradise, reports thesun.co.uk. "Danny and Tulisa's relationship became public very quickly and was very full-on. They've had a lot of stress and it ...
Actor Will Smith may have pulled off several stunts in Hollywood films, but he doesn't know how to swim! He didn't learn to swim as he didn't have too many swimming pools in his vicinity when he was young. "I can't swim. In inner City Philadelphia, there's not a lot of swimming pools and I never actually learnt how to swim and I'm embarrassed about it," femalefirst.co.uk quoted the 44-year-old ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Canada
A grand traditional hotel, in the heart of downtown Vancouver. The hotel is one of three Fairmonts in this Canadian-gateway ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Nepal NationalNepal National: Nepal News Agency | Latest News
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Nepal National is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Nepal news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Nepal news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Nepal news, the weather forecast for Nepal you'll find it all in the Nepal National.
From Birātnagar to Kathmandu, the Nepal National should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
In a bid to prove to the world that "disability was not inability", Sudharshan Gautam, a Nepali-Canadian citizen, became the first amputee to climb Mount Everest without the help of prosthetic limbs, officials said Monday.
"We received information that Gautam, who has no hands, climbed Mount Everest," Dipendra Paudel, an official at Nepal's mountain department under the ministry of tourism and civil aviation, told Xinhua.
Gautam, whose age was not known, climbed the world's highest peak to spread the message that "disability is not inability".
Gautam lost his hands at the age of 16.
"The 'No Hands at the Top of the World' climb is intended to show the world that even people living with significant physical disabilities have outstanding abilities and immense capacities," Gautam wrote on his blog.
The 8,848-metre-high mountain saw its first spring summit this year May 10. In this season, many climbers have set new records.
"Though he lacks hands, his courage and zeal led him to get the success in his life," said Gyanendra Shrestha, a government official at the base camp.
Along with Gautam, 94 climbers - 43 foreigners and 51 Nepali citizens - climbed the peak Monday.
Till Monday, 348 people have scaled the peak this season, officials said. ...
- Ireland has no strategy to tackle Pakistan spinner Saeed Ajmal
- Obama Speech Attempts to Fulfill Pledges For More Transparency
- Kolkata hosts meet to enhance bilateral trade ties with Bangladesh
- Whatmore backs Misbahs batting skills
- YouTube ban in Pakistan not lifted
- Brad Pitts drug tales
- Heather Graham in no hurry to marry
- At 40 Tori Spelling flaunts fab figure
- Jessica Lall murder case Shayan Munshi another witness to face perjury trial
- James Bonds lost watch resurfaces at flea market
- Indo-China bilateral meet on healthcare sector held at Geneva
- Medical company declines to answer Senate questions on Medicare billing
- Will Ranbaxy Labs Be Excluded From Medicare And Medicaid
- A medical first Doctors save Ohio boy by laser-printing an airway tube so he can breathe
- Mather assisted housing project for veterans closer to reality
- ESPN layoffs 7000 workers as TV rights fees rise
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Paulina Rubio to be judge on `X Factor
- Television Review Does Someone Have to Go on Fox
- Former FremantleMedia Exec Renae Garcia Joins Canadas Marblemedia
- January Jones keeps mum about paternity of son
- Iodine deficiency during pregnancy may lead to lower IQ among kids
- Why Baby Boomers Need To Get Real About Health And Long-Term Care Costs In Retirement
- Tow truck driver accused of pepper-spraying baby and then offering deputy a bribe
- Kim K Hopes Body Part Stays Post-Baby
- Immigrant tells tornado survival tale
- Assurances over condition of Algeria leader fail to convince
- Bangladeshi collapse volunteers haunted by bloody rescue trauma
- Looking at Pakistans new era under Nawaz Sharif for the 3rd time
- The never-ending rape of the Camerons
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Nepal National headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Lack of financial aid hampers Nepalese entrepreneurs
- Nepal - In Nepal press faces litigation for critical coverage of courts
- A Himalayan flight full of fear
- Steven Craig is new UNHCR representative for Nepal
- 2 Chinese died climbing summits in Nepal